The Phoenix, Arizona, Fire Department ordered this engine in 1921 for a newly built fire station at 4th Avenue and Moreland (now in downtown Phoenix).
With a 1,000 gpm pump and a huge six cylinder engine, the rig was a powerful addition to the city’s inventory of three other engines. It was in service until 1950, when it was sold to a collector from New Mexico.
Museum Founder George F. Getz, Jr. found it in New Mexico and brought it to the museum in 1985. Don Hale restored it in 1991.