Seagrave began as a manufacturer of ladders for Michigan cherry orchards. This tradition is evident with the eight high quality ladders carried by this truck.
In 1962 its chemical tanks and hose were replaced by a generator and searchlights. Originally owned by Urbana, Illinois, it was bought in 1950 by the town of Downers Grove, Illinois.
City Service trucks carried a variety of ladders and tools. With a complement of 4 to 12 firemen, truck companies made rescues and salvaged whatever was possible while the engine company attacked the fire with charged hose lines.