Exploring the Galleries
This 5,000 square foot gallery contains rotating exhibits of restored motorized pieces.
On permanent display is the fully-restored 1996 HME/Saulsbury F.D.N.Y. Rescue 4. This rig was originally loaned to the Hall of Flame Museum by retired FDNY firefighter, Robert Allen, in the Fall of 2018 and was officially donated to the museum in 2021 – on the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks.
One Gamewell semi-automatic alarm system dates from 1925 and was used in Glendale, California. A second system was custom-made by the Phoenix Fire Department in 1956 and was one of the earliest systems to make full use of telephone capabilities. The third system is a Protectowire Operating System that demonstrates an effective alarm system using a specially constructed thermal cable.
Our Accessions Building at the south end of the parking lot allows us to move pieces from the exhibit to temporary storage when in need of repairs or deep cleaning, and allows us space to install temporary or traveling exhibits. Most of these new exhibits will be displayed in Gallery III.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
For specific information on the museum’s major holdings, select a category below.
Fire Alarm Systems
Hand and Horse Drawn
Additional Fire Related Objects in Our Collection
Hall of Flame’s collection of graphic materials includes lithographs, prints, engravings, arm patches, paintings, and photographs.
6101 East Van Buren St.
Phoenix, AZ 85008